I personally just tried out eBillme to see how this deal works. Right now they have a great deal which ends in two days -01/15/11.Get a $15 Mail-in Rebate on $100 Amazon.com Gift Cards purchased with eBillme.
I am buying a new camera on Amazon (I just returned my cybershot I got for Christmas, I liked it, but it only did 4 megapixels, I’m upgrading to the one that does 10) anyways, it would be great to save another $15 with the mail-in-rebate, so I decided to try it out.
So this is how it worked –
- I selected that I wanted my Amazon gift card.
- eBill me said I needed to pay the bill through my bank account online or go into my bank
- I logged online to my bank account
- I went to my account and clicked on “pay bills”,
- then clicked “add new payee”
- then just filled in the info that eBillme gave me to add a new payee
- then I submitted a $25 payment to the new payee
- I was told my Amazon gift card would be emailed to me as soon as payment went through, my bank said 1 day.
- I downloaded the $15 form here. I will get my $15 rebate via mail. There is a limit of one (1) rebate per person, household or address.
Overall, I think it takes a little longer to order through eBillme, BUT it is much safer. You never enter your credit card information anywhere, so if you are someone who is worried about that then this is great for you. Also, if you wanted a deal on Amazon, and wanted to save $15, this would be great if you knew the price was going to be the same in 24 hours since you don’t get your $100 gift certificate immediately.
Ask CCD Readers: have you ever used eBillme?