Follow Cuckoo for Coupons on Pinterest for frugal tips, ideas and DIY recipes!
I had no idea there were so many uses for Hair Conditioner! Here are the top 10 uses I found:
10 Cuckoo Uses for Hair Conditioner
1. Make Up Remover – I guess this means we don’t need to buy expensive face removers, right? You can use hair conditioner to easily and quickly remove make up!
2. Silk Garmet Cleaner – This is a low cost alternative to taking your silk to the dry cleaners. Fill your sink with water (warm for whites, cold for colors.) Add a tablespoon of hair conditioner and immerse the shirt in the water. Let it sit for a few min, pull it out, rinse and hang to dry. The shirt feels silky smooth from the conditioner!
3. Shower Curtain – Get your shower curtain the slide smoothly by rubbing the rod with conditioner. This will keep it from stuttering along the rod.
4. Protect your shoes – This is interesting! If you need to keep salt and chemicals off your shoes in winter just later your shoes (or boots) with hair conditioner. It’s also a good leather conditioner.
5. Shaving Legs - You can use hair conditioner instead of shaving cream! If you still use shaving cream and your legs are rough or irritated when you are done rub on hair conditioner to sooth them.
6. Houseplants – Okay, so don’t water your plants with this, but you can clean and shine up your houseplants! Put a bit of hair conditioner on a soft cloth and rub plant leaves to remove dust and shine them up!
7. Stuck Jewelry – Got a ring stuck on your finger? Use a bit of hair conditioner on your finger to slide it right off!
8. Prevent Rusty Tools – To keep tools from rusting and in good condition rub them down with hair conditioner.
9. Stainless Steel Shiner – Do you have stainless steel that needs a little shine? Yep, you can use hair conditioner for that, too! Apply it and rub off with a soft cloth.
10. Zipper Lubricant – Ever get your zipper stuck? Who hasn’t? Use a dab of hair conditioner on the zippers “teeth” to get it gliding smooth again!
Don’t forget my post about using Hair Conditioner to make Homemade Fabric Softener!
Source: Reader’s Digest, Extraordinary Uses for Ordinary Things, Copyright 2005