This will probably be my shortest post in this series. Linking is so simple, yet so many newbie bloggers make the mistake of linking incorrectly. Make sure to link correctly.
Which is correct?
- Go here for a Hot Fritos Printable coupon
- Hot Fritos Printable coupon
- Hot Fritos Printable coupon, click here
Option 2 is correct. When linking to anything, you should have the link include the name of what you are linking to. This way, Google and other search engines rank you and the site you are linking to higher for the words in the link.
You certainly don’t want to be ranked high for “here” or “click here”. No one searches those terms! Infact, don’t even include those terms in your posts ever, because they sound advertise-y and probably will hurt you.
- *BACK* Kmart Double Coupons week of 8/28 – 9/3!
- Rite Aid: $0.99 Pampers & Oxi Clean Detergent! (Up to $12.49 Value) *Starts 8/28
- Walgreens: FREE Aussie Hair Care ($4.79 Value)
- CVS: FREE Edge Shave Gel & 29¢ Skintimate Shave Gel! ($4 Value)
- Bath & Body Works: $2.50 Hand Soaps! ($6.50 Value)