I’ve lived in the South and been to Chili Cook-offs at our church, where everyone thought their chili was the best. I’ve eaten lots of chili in my days, but this recipe is super easy and everyone’s favorite. Even my 3 year old is getting into the spicy food lately!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies (do not drain!)
- 1 16 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 can pinto beans (do not drain!)
- 1 can chili beans (do not drain!)
- 1 can kidney beans (do not drain!)
- 2 T. chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- serve with tortilla chips and shredded cheese on top
Brown ground beef. Drain fat. Add in all other ingredients and bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 20 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and shredded cheese on top.
Servings: I make this in our biggest pot and keep it in the fridge, we get about 3 or 4 meals out of it. Probably would feed 10 people.
If anyone else has a chili recipe they like better let me know; I’m always game to try another one! I love how how much canned food is used from the pantry – great food storage recipe.