This is a very cheap meal to make. Until Dec. 8, Buy Low Market in Provo, UT has boneless skinless chicken breasts for $1.19 lb, which is a CUCKOO deal. I have bought 40 lbs from them and frozen it in freezer bags. I will defrost some for this meal.
Stuffing was $.78 at Walmart all last month, I think we should all be stocked up on it.
In August there were tons of deals on canned tomatoes. I got mine at Macey’s.
Macey’s had Kraft shredded cheese for $.98, and I had $.50 off coupons. Shredded cheese can be frozen and un-thawed in the refrigerator, so I bought 15 bags. I take out one bag from my freezer a week to un-thaw and use for the next week. Note: Chunk cheese, or regular cheese that is not pre-shredded does not un-thaw well and I would not freeze it!
So as I stock up on food, I am going to share recipes I make with the food from my storage.
Bruschetta Chicken Bake:
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles inside
- 1 pkg. Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1/2 c water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Place the tomatoes, stuffing mix, water & salt & peper in a bowl & mix
- Place chicken in 13×9 in. baking dish, sprinkle with cheese. Top with stuffing mixture.
- Bake for 45 min uncovered. Put more cheese on top for last 5 minutes