Ways to Give This Holiday Season:
1. Fresh Market (a Utah AFS) is doing “Season to Share” where all you have to do is tell your cashier at checkout you would like to donate $1, $5, or $10 to your local food bank.
2. Churches: Most churches accept donations specifically for the poor and needy. An example is the LDS church is always accepting donations for their extensive food program. The LDS Distribution Center is run by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and sells items at cost, making most items inexpensive or even free! Visit http://www.ldsphilanthropies.org/ to find out more about how they use donations to give aid to people all over the world, regardless of race/religion.
3. Feed A Need with Reddit – Add your qualifications to Reddit’s “Database of Awesome” and be ready to give 2 hours of your time to one of the project’s partnering charities.
4. SocialVibe – Select your charity (e.g., One Laptop Per Child), your sponsor (e.g., Apple), grab and display your badge on your social profiles, and earn points for donations to your charity.
5. Instant Message for Good – The more messages you send, the more ad revenue Microsoft Live Messenger kicks to the charity of your choice (American Red Cross, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, and more).
6. Salisbury Homes is giving away 8 playhouses filled with toys and food to 8 families in Utah. Know a family you want to win? Read more here
I will be updating this post as I hear of more ways to give this Christmas season. Please post ways to give and I’ll add them to the list.