Are you still trying to sort out all the “One Hot Daily Deal” sites in your brain? It’s crazy – I believe I see a new one once a week!
Here’s Deal of the Day sites I’ve found and I’ll try to break down the differences for you:
National: Groupon: Groupon covers cities nationwide. They offer a different deal for each city. You can sign up for email alerts to be notified each day for your specific city. How it works is they will get a low price, say 70% off at McDonalds. They can only get that low price if 100 people request the deal. Once 100 people request the deal, its set in stone and you get you 70% off gift certificate for McDonald’s. If not enough people “group on” the deal, it busts and no-one gets it. Buying in bulk is how they get their low prices.
- Pros: You also get $10 for each friend you refer to a deal who actually does a deal; I love this aspect! I love how they separate and give different cities different local deals.
- Cons: Some days the deals are not hot or local – like today’s $15 for $35 at Joe’s Coffee House online. You’d still have to pay shipping, and with coupons could easily get a better rate in-store.
Boston, Pheonix, New York, Austin, Houston, Philidelphia, San Diego, Washington D.C., & Dallas:
Buy With Me: Works just like Groupon – strength in numbers buying.
- Pros: Unlike Groupon, some deals can last many days. There is one new deal a day, but old deals may still be purchased if their limits haven’t been reached.
- Cons: You don’t get anything for referrals- you get $10 at Groupon.
Northwest USA & L.A.- Screamin’ Coupons: They have some great deals daily, a lot in Utah.
- Pros: You also get $10 for each friend you refer to a deal who actually does a deal within 3 days; I love this just like Groupon! I love how they separate and give different cities different local deals. They also give 10% off all the profit they make from your purchases to the charity of your choice in your local community.
- Cons: I’m new to Screamin’ Coupons, so I haven’t had a chance to find them yet… Today’s deal was a photography deal (super common in Utah).
Utah: City Deals: City Deals has 100’s of deals daily. Sometimes they only last one day, but others, like 50% off at Rod Works, seem to always be on City Deals site.
- Pros: For things you actually use or need, such as local restaurants, car care, beauty, etc…
- Cons: Usually the same deals daily
Utah County Only: SnagOne.com: Their deal today is 10 Sonic Gift Cards for $5.
- Pros: Local. Snag One deals are usually coupons, so you don’t have to purchase anything and not end up using it.
- Cons: New, not too many deals yet.
National: Woot: I don’t like Woot. Woot’s deals are usually big-ticket items that I’m not looking for – like laptops. But if you are in the market for these, check out Woot for one deal a day.
National: 1SaleADay: 1 Sale a Day’s deals are pretty cheap, I have got them before and felt they were low-quality. But they are very cheap – sometimes free, just pay a small shipping fee. 1 Sale a Day’s deals change daily.
- Cons: You don’t get paid for friends you refer to them. Cheaper quality products.
- Pros: Very cheap.
National: GraveyardMall.com I haven’t used it much, but it offers one hot deal that is similar to 1SaleADay.com, it is not a local deal but an online deal that everyone can do. They look like pretty good deals so I’ll watch them and let you know if there is ever a real hot one.
Walmart, Target and Amazon all do “Deals of the Day”, most of them great deals but not cuckoo deals, not worth mentioning usually.
Any I left off the list? Which is your favorite?