This is so cool, I wish it was in my city! Right now at select cities, you can shop at Walmart and then submit your receipt online at the Walmart Savings Catcher site (it even has a smartphone app!), and it will give you an eGift card for the difference if any other store had advertised prices lower than what you paid for your items! So if you paid more than what other local stores are advertising, you’ll get an eGift card.
Cities in the beta test:
- Charlotte (NC),
- Dallas (TX),
- Lexington (KY),
- San Diego (CA),
- Atlanta (GA),
- Huntsville (AL)
Great news for couponers:
If you use a coupon, Savings Catcher will compare the original Walmart price of the item, before the coupon was applied, to other stores’ advertised prices for the same item.
Savings Catcher does not compare the following types of offers:
- Items that require a separate purchase to get the advertised price (example: “Buy oatmeal to get cereal for $1.”)
- Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get a free product. (example: “Buy both oatmeal & cereal to get milk for free.”)
- Items that require a purchase to get a gift card (example: “Buy a 12 pack of paper towels to get a $5 gift card.”)
- Buy one get one free (BOGO) where there is no actual item price listed (example: Peter Pan Peanut Butter, buy one, get one free. Save up to $2.50”)
- Going out of business or closeout prices
- Percentage off (example: “All mascara, 40% off”)
I’ll be sure to re-post whenever they add more cities to the list.