UPDATE: Giveaway has ended, view winner here
When I first saw these adorable felt playhouses, I thought genius:
- They fit right over card tables
- They can be easily taken down (perfect if you don’t have extra space in your house)
- They can be indoors (perfect for the 7 months it is cold outside in Utah!) or outdoors during good weather
- You can attach more toys to the outside for kids to move and play around with
I was given a copy of the 48 page pattern ebook. It included the information on everything you would need to buy, how much to buy, and detailed pictures of how to do every step, including Heat N Bond (which I hadn’t even heard of, so I was glad there were step-by-step pictures).
I admit, I’m a newbie at creative anything. The tips are in-depth, and no detail is forgot, right down to how many inches the window should be from the top and bottom of the playhouse. I need specific tips, so this is great for me! I can not create on my own – but I can follow a pattern – sorta!
The pattern is made for a 34” square folding card table, but don’t fret, there is a section on sewing playhouses for larger sized tables, building PVC frames and using different types of fabric.
The pattern includes outlines so you can trace and cut every detail shown in the pictures above, including:
- Door windows
- Flower pot and flowers and watering can
- Address numbers
- Kitties, Puppies, Owls, Birds & Birdhouse
- Fruit tree, basket and fence
- Grass and bushes and flowers
- Apples, oranges, lemons and pears for the tree
- Mail for the mailbox
- Scalloped roof border
- Felt toys to stick on the playhouse
The owner even leaves her email in the pattern book and invites you to email her any questions you have while making your playhouse! Perfect for ME!
You can purchase pre-made felt playhouses with tons of super cute themes at Imaginative Play Toys etsy shop. Prices start at $90 for the Basic Bungalow playhouse with just windows, a door, and a mailbox. My favorite is the 48″ tall Princess playhouse. *Mention Cuckoo for Coupon Deals for free shipping.*
You can buy the pattern at Imaginative Play Toys etsy shop for $20. Of course I found out how much it would cost you to make one, I’m a coupon gal after all. I looked up prices for the amount of felt, Heat N Bond, and velcro you would need to make the playhouse, and my lowest price was $37.19, not counting curtain fabric for windows. I couldn’t find any great sales; these prices are from Fabric.com. That would make your final cost $57.19 for everything in the pictures above including the pattern eBook.
Imaginative Play Toys sell a Pattern and Pre-cut Fabric kit for $50. I think its a pretty good deal, but keep in mind all the extra decorations on the outside you would still have to buy and cut yourself from the pattern kit.
I am currently making one of these – follow my site as I post updates on my journey!
Giveaway: Free Felt Playhouse Pattern 48 page eBook with all the cutouts and details to make a felt playhouse.
HERE’S HOW TO ENTER TO WIN:
- Hop on over to Imaginative Play Toys etsy shop and come back and leave a comment with which playhouse you like the best!
- Get Up To 7 Extra Entries – select the yes or no options under the “Submit Comment” button, then submit ONE comment. Selections will be saved to your comment and verified.
Please enter your email address in the required e-mail field only. Do not type it in your comment box because spambots will see it and spam you. Your email address will be saved to your comment in our database so you can be instantly notified if you are selected as the winner.
Entry is open to US residents. Ends 10:00pm MST on Tuesday, May 25th. Winner will be chosen using a third party site, random.org, announced on this site, and have 48 hours to respond or an alternate will be chosen. Disclosure: I was in no way paid for this review and this is my honest opinion.