Part of the ABC’s of Couponing Guide
How do you get coupons to print? Is it my printer, computer, the website, what is going wrong? Help, I can’t get this coupon to print!
I’ve gotten all these emails from people reporting printing problems, so I thought I’d write a quick post about what appears to work best for me to get coupons to print from at-home printers:
- Before you even start, I’d set your printer settings to draft quality. This is black and white and so it won’t use your color ink, and will use minimal amounts of black and white ink. All stores I know of that accept internet printables, accept them in color or black and white. Go to “Control Panel“, click “Printers“, then right click your printer and choose “Printing Preferences.” Here you can change the quality to fast draft or quick printing.
- You must have a default printer selected for your computer, and it must be a real, paper-based printer, not a virtual fax machine or file printer or PDF creator. To change your default printer: Control Panel>Printers>Right Click Default Printer>Choose Properties>Advanced tab.
- What browsers support printing coupons? Coupon printing is currently supported on Windows Operating Systems Vista, XP, 2000, and Windows 7 when used with Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox 1+, Netscape 8+, Chrome 2+, Opera 10+, Safari 2+ and most MSN and AOL browsers. If you are unable to print when using an MSN, AOL, or CompuServe browser, please try printing your coupons using Internet Explorer or Firefox. I use firefox.
- What if you can’t install the coupon printer from coupons.com? If you receive warnings or errors that an attempt to install and ActiveX control (Internet Explorer) or a plugin was blocked, or are asked for permission to install a program, you may need to change your browser’s security settings to allow installation of these types of controls. Add coupons.com to your list of trusted sites.
- Saving Ink: Once you get those coupons printed, keep an eye out as they come out of the printer. Sometimes there are large ads printed after the coupon. Click on “cancel” and stop the printing – your coupon has already printed, no need to waste ink on the ad at the bottom.
- What if it says I’ve already printed the coupon? Sometimes bricks.com coupons will say you’ve already printed them, even if you haven’t. This usually means they have reached their print limit and sadly there isn’t much you can do to print the coupon.
How to get coupons to print on a mac:
Overall, people have an easier time in Safari then on Firefox. Also:
Coupons.com – Coupon printing is currently supported on Macintosh OSX 10.3 or higher when used with Safari 2+ and FireFox 2+.
RedPlum.com – Coupon printing is also supported on Macintosh when using Safari under OS X 10.3 and higher
SmartSource.com – Macs running OSX 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5 (Leopard)
Here’s an email received:
Dear valued customer,
We are sorry you had trouble installing our coupon printing software. An installation issue occurs when you have successfully completed the installation, but our server is unable to communicate with your Coupon Printer. You might be running third-party software that is blocking communication with our servers, or disabling the browser plugin, or both. When this happens our site cannot detect your installation and you are prompted to download the installer every time you try to print coupons. To diagnose and fix this problem, check these possibilities…
For Mac OS X:
1) Have your browser plugins been disabled?
Check to see that your Coupons, Inc browser plug-in is enabled.
In Safari, click the Safari menu and select “Preferences”. Under the “Security” icon, make sure “Enable plug-ins” is checked.
In Firefox, click “Tools” and select “Add-ons”. Under the “Plugins” category, make sure “Coupons, Inc. Plugin” is enabled. If it has been disabled, you will be prompted to install continuously until it is.
– To test your printing ability (without hitting print limits on offers you want), visit: http://b.coupons.com/z.asp
2) If your browser plugins were already enabled, then try doing a fresh install of the Coupon Printer.
First uninstall the Coupon Printer by opening the Applications folder in your Macintosh HD. Locate the “Coupons” folder and run the uninstaller within. Once the uninstaller has completed, re-download the installer from the link provided below and run the installation again.
– To re-download the Coupon Printer installer, visit: http://help.coupons.com and click on “Help Me Install”
3) Is this a browser-specific issue?
If neither of the above possibilities fixes the issue in your current browser, try using an alternative web browser. The Coupon Printer is compatible with Firefox and Safari on Mac; however, an environment-specific issue may cause one of these to stop working on your machine. If your problem is occurring on Firefox, then try printing from Safari.
Please address the possibilities described above and let us know if you were able to identify and solve the issue.
Mac Technical Services
I hope that helps you! Please leave a comment below if you have any other printing coupons tips!
This post is part of my in-depth training guide to couponing.
- FREE $2 for EVERY Uber Ride (SYW Points)
- Win a $200 Grocery Gift Card!
- Land's End: 50% off any one item!
- Amazon: 40% off Strategy Board Games!
- Home Depot: $14.88 Roof Top Cargo Bag Waterproof! ($30 Value)