Walmart posted on a comment on this thread “If you have an any item on Layaway and would like to receive the reduced price during our Black Friday sale the items would need to be deleted from the Layaway account and added back to receive the event price (or price matched whichever is lower). Keep in mind layaway will be closed until 9am on Friday (11/23). Event prices for items sold during our first two sales events at 8pm 11/22 and 10pm 11/22 are only available while supplies last so they may be sold out when the Layaway desk reopens.
Paul says “you won’t be out of stock because you will have the item in layaway. the sale can be going on, but it doesn’t end until friday at midnight. it will still be in stock because you have saved in Layaway.” But items that are on sale when layaway is closed, and the “doorbuster” sale ENDS before 9AM when Walmart’s layaway opens, you won’t be able to get those things.
I am confused, but Paul still says it will work.
I would avoid doing this – sorry! Should have checked it out better before I posted it. I just think employees may not know what is going on and it might be a catastrophe. Are you still going to try?
My friend Paul at I heart the mart let me know about this, and he just had an exclusive email convo with the the Director of Communications and Community Relations at Walmart, and found out you can buy items NOW and put them on layaway, then pay them off on Black Friday and you will pay Black Friday prices!
- The Black Friday Walmart ad is live you can go in now and put the items you want on layaway!
- Here’s my list of all other stores Black Friday ads, you can buy items at Walmart, put them on layway, and get the other stores prices on Black Friday IF it is the exact same item! I am excited to score the $3 barbies.
Ok that is the jest of everything below, I copied the convo below so you can read it too:
- For items already on layaway, will Walmart price match those items if they have now gone on sale for Black Friday?
Items that have been put on layaway then are paid off on Black Friday will be sold at Black Friday pricing (i.e. If you place a LG Blu-ray player on layaway today and payoff the purchase on Black Friday, you will pay the $38 Black Friday price).
- Can you use coupons for layaway items?
Yes. Walmart is committed to providing our customers with the lowest prices. To back up our price leadership promise, we will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product right at the cash register even on layaway items.More information is available at walmartstores.com/download/4752.pdf.
- Are Black Friday deals online again?
Customers can also get a jump start on shopping from the comfort of their homes with a two day online-only event on Walmart.com starting early on Thanksgiving Day and extending through Black Friday. Savings on hundreds of the hottest toys and electronics include:· Samsung 50? Class LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV – $698
· Ematic 7” Tablet Android 4.0 1GHz, 4GB – $49
· Dsi XL Ultimate Bundle – $129
· Razor A Kick Scooter, Multiple Colors – $25
Walmart.com shoppers can choose free shipping to home on eligible $45 orders with Home Free or free store pickup with Site To Store and also use Pay with Cash.
- Is Walmart price-matching Black Friday ads?
Our long standing ad match guarantee will be in effect throughout the 2012 holiday season – including on Black Friday. The ad match guarantee ensures that customers get the best prices on toys and other items throughout the store. We will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product right at the cash register. Walmart’s ad match guarantee does not include online prices. -END OF QUESTIONS-
Who’s Black Friday plans just changed?
Personally, it didn’t change mine. I shop on Cyber Monday, so that I can spend Thanksgiving weekend with my hubby and kids. So I still will be passing.
- $12.99 Utopia Knife Set & Cutting Board! ($30 Value)
- Michael's: FREE Monster Bash Event!
- Target: $0.86 V8 Veggie Blends! ($2.69+ Value)
- Save Up to $600/Year on Parent's Choice Baby Formula at Walmart + Enter to Win $800 in Prizes!
- Target Round Up: FREE Lipstick, FREE VapoRub & More!