What is Amazon Prime?
If you are a member of Amazon Prime you can get Free 2 Day Shipping on Any Order! I debated for a long time on whether or not it was worth it to sign up for Amazon Prime. But after I did, I decided quickly it was definitely worth it. It gives you Amazon Family for free, free songs and movies, and tons more. I use it often and feel it is worth the yearly cost.
If you are a member of Amazon Prime, you get Free 2 Day Shipping on any order (No Minimum), or upgrade to One Day Shipping for just $3.99 per item. Amazon items are tax free in 45 states so the savings will add up! There is an annual membership fee of $99 OR $10.99 a month. Eligible customers can try out a membership by starting a Free Amazon Prime Trial.
Top 15 Reasons To Get Amazon Prime:
- FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items! When shipping to select metro areas, Prime members also get FREE Same-Day Delivery on over a million items and FREE 2-hour delivery with Prime Now on daily essentials and groceries. With FREE release-date delivery on eligible pre-order items, you can enjoy highly anticipated books, movies, and video games as soon as possible.
- No Minimum Order sizes to snag your free shipping!You get unlimited deliveries with no minimum order size, and with millions of eligible items, the options are practically limitless.
- Amazon Prime Instant Video: Enjoy unlimited instant streaming of over 50,000 movies and TV shows. Anywhere, anytime. These work on your computer, Kindle Fire HD, Amazon Fire TV, game consoles, smart TVs, mobile phones and other streaming devices.
- Prime Music: Unlimited, ad-free access to over 2 million songs
- Read free books each month through Kindle First and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
- Prime Reading: Prime Music is a music streaming benefit featuring a growing selection of two million songs, Alexa voice-integration, and personalized recommendations at no additional cost with your Amazon Prime Membership. Unlock even more music with Amazon Music Unlimited, plus get an exclusive Prime member discount.
- FREE Amazon Family Membership: This gives you 20% off all Diapers purchases, plus if you have 5+ items on any months Subscribe & Save subscriptions, you get 20% off of each item too. The items do not have to be baby-related to get the discount.
- Share Free Shipping With Your Friends & Family: You can add up to 4 people to get free 2-day shipping. Read my full training post on how to add people to your Amazon Prime membership. The best part is, they sign in from their own accounts. So they will not have access to your credit card info or the ability to login/use your account. They get the free shipping right on their own account.
- One Day Shipping Upgrade – if you need something quick and can’t wait 2 days, just pay $3.99 to get the item shipped to you in just one day.
- FREE One Month Prime Extension if Guaranteed Delivery Date Not Met: if your item qualifies for Guaranteed Delivery and it does not arrive on the promised delivery date, then you can be eligible for a free one-month Amazon Prime extension. Free extensions are limited to one per free trial and twelve for an annual membership; free Amazon Student and Amazon Mom Prime Memberships do not qualify for this extension.
- If you choose no-rush shipping at checkout, you get a $1 ebook credit (or sometimes $5 Pantry credit.) You can save these up and use them all at once to get completely free ebooks!
- Store Family Photos – get unlimited photo storage
- Audible Channels – unlimited listening to original audio series and playlists handcrafted for every interest
- Prime Pantry – Everday sizes of poular household items delivered for a flat rate delivery fee
- Twitch Prime – Get free game content every month, ad-free Twitch viewing, Twitch Channel Subscription, plus loads more.
3 ways to try Amazon Prime for free:
What is Amazon Family?
Amazon Family is a free program where you save 20% when you use the Subscribe and Save feature on all purchases (read below on how to use Subscribe & Save). Plus you get 2 day shipping on ALL purchases sold directly from Amazon – not just baby items. If you are a mom, dad, or caregiver, you can sign up for Amazon Family for free for the first 3 months! If you have Amazon Prime, you get Amazon Family for free, but you do have to click to the Amazon Family page and signup still.
Important: Make sure that after your 3 months is up you let them know if you want to cancel so you don’t get charged!
What is Amazon Student?
If you have an email address that includes an @edu then you can get FREE Amazon Prime 2-day shipping with an Amazon Student Account – FREE for the first 6 months. Then you get 50% off Amazon Prime after that.
Here’s 2 more ways to snag free shipping on Amazon.com: