If you are looking for ways to reduce your grocery spending, this might just be the thing you are looking for. This is a very simple technique but it does require some effort and dedication. If you look at your grocery shopping list over some months, you will notice something peculiar.
You will find that there are quite a few items which you get over and over again. It could be your favourite snack, salad dip or a specific brand of pasta.
Now, you can’t get coupons for these regular items all the time and frankly speaking, it is too time consuming to look through the papers and cut these coupons everytime.
So here’s what you do.
In summary, you need to set up a system for emailing companies to request for these coupons. The task of emailing each company may seem hard but if you break it down to small steps done on a scheduled basis, it becomes very simple.
Use the following steps:
1. Identify grocery items that you purchase constantly. Keep a list of them.
2. Search the company that manufactures each grocery item.
3. Do a search in your favorite search engine and locate the company’s official website.
4. Visit the manufacturer’s website and locate its contact email address.
5. Write a brief email to the company. Keep it brief, polite and clearly list the following information:
– If you have or have not tried the product.
– How regular you purchase the product.
– The name of the store you shop at.
– How you use the product. This is also a good time to compliment the product.
– Your full name and mailing address.
– Lastly, include your email address.
Our family always enjoys a big Saturday morning breakfast together and it always includes a hefty portion of Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Pancakes. The pancakes are yummy, quick and always come out perfectly.
I would like to request for product information including recipe ideas, new products coming out and coupons which may be available in the future. Please add me to your company’s mailing list.
City, Town Zip code
Now you may or may not receive any response. These companies receive a lot of emails from consumers so it might take a while before you get any response from them.
It’s very important not to get discouraged by it. If you send enough emails, the effort will pay off and you will soon see your email inbox filled with coupons. All you need is a little dedication and soon, you will see a steady flow of coupons coming to you without you lifting a finger.
Good luck and god bless!
Rita Bennet is a stay-at-home mom with 2 beautiful kids, Kayla and Jody. She maintains a website that teaches people how to get free groceries in their state, with no obligations or requirements. To find out more, please visit http://freegroceriesdirectory.com.