Part of the ABC’s of Couponing Guide Let’s break couponing down to be fun and easy, not extreme and time-consuming!
What is a Catalina??
A Catalina is a piece of paper that prints at the end of your transaction. There are 4 different types of Catalinas that may print for you:
- Dollar Off Coupons: An example would be a “$4.00 off your Next Your Purchase” Catalina. These can be used on ANY future purchase.
- Manufacturer Coupons: Sometimes you may get a manufacturer’s coupon printed out instead. I usually buy Beech Nut Baby Food for my daughter because it is cheaper. But Gerber wants me to purchase their brand, so I will always get Gerber Manufacturer Coupons printed out of the Catalina Machine. Many times we don’t know when or if we will get the manufacturer’s coupons printed out after our order. Just think of it as a little surprise if you do!
- Store Coupons: Target is a great example of this. Instead of printing out a manufacturer’s coupon for a brand, you will actually get a Target Coupon. These are great to get because you can use one Target coupon and one Manufacturer’s coupon on each item.
- Previews of Upcoming Catalinas: Sometimes you may not get one of the 3 coupons I mentioned above. Instead, you will get a preview of an upcoming Catalina. It will tell you when the Catalina Promotion Starts and which products qualify to get the coupon.
Helpful Hints on Getting your Catalina to Print
- Make sure the Catalina Machine is on: Before the cashier starts scanning your items, make sure the Catalina machine’s green light is on. If it isn’t, your Catalina will not print. And, if the Catalina machine is turned on in the middle of your transaction, chances are that you will not get it to print either. So make sure you check that before you start checking out.
- Double Check the Items you are Purchasing: In order for a Catalina to print, you have to purchase the EXACT sizes, quantities and brand. If the 11.8 oz Box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch is part of the Catalina Promotion and you purchase the bigger box instead, you WILL NOT get a catalina printed out. So make sure you double check sizes, brands and that you purchased the right amount.
- Call up Catalina: Sometimes you do everything right and the Catalina still doesn’t print out. What do you do in that case? Call up Catalina directly at 1-888-8COUPON or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to have your receipt and item handy so they can get the information from you. If you did purchase the correct brand, sizes and quantities, then they will mail you your Catalina coupon.
Where you can find a Catalina Coupon List?
Well, these are hard to come by as they aren’t advertised. I post them when I find them.
They are not all inclusive, but are great starting point.