How to Use the “Spend $50 get 10,000 or 5,000 SYWR Points” CRT Coupons!
I have finally figured out how to use the “spend $50 get 10,000 points” CRT coupons!! Sometimes it is “spend $50 get 5,000 points”. Listen up folks, here’s the rules:
- First get to over $50 before adding in any taxes and after all Kmart Store Coupons are scanned, and after factoring in any “free items” because those can’t count towards your $50. Not CRT’s and catalinas, you can scan those later, just in-store Member coupons such as the weekly free item coupon, and other in-ad coupons.
- Your total need to be over $50, not including taxes.
- Do NOT use points to pay for any part of a purchase where you are trying to earn more points!
- Do NOT factor in prices on BOGO 50% off or BOGO FREE items before their discounts, the price after discounts is what will apply
- Then scan your CRT for spend $50 get 10,000 points or 5,000 points (varies depending on what prints for you)
- Then you can scan manufacturer’s coupons and get below $50. Some stores will let you use catalinas now too, but my store will not let you use any catalinas with a CRT offer.
- Then you’ll get your points right on your receipt when it prints out.
- Proof? View my receipt doing just that here – I swiped a “Spend $50 get 10,000 points” CRT and my total OOP was $37 and I got my 10,000 points on my receipt!
$5 Kmart Award Cards are Triggering This Week!
UPDATE: Reader Jenn said “My store has signs up saying that you get a $5 reward card for spending $50 from 5/1 – I believe it was 5/12, but I not totally for sure on the end date.” So probably everyone who spends over $50 will have their register prompted to activate a $5 Kmart rewards cards. The register prompts the cashier and they activate your card right then, so it doesn’t matter if your total goes below $50 after coupons. This has happened in previous weeks but was advertised in their ad, this is the first time it happened and wasn’t even advertised.
I was shocked out of my mind today when the machine triggered the cashier to give me a $5 Kmart award card (which is a $5 kmart gift card)! I didn’t ask for it; I didn’t know that promo was going on this week. Perhaps it started today, 05/01 with the new month? I can’t see it in any ad but I was super happy about it! ‘
Here’s my transaction (as shown in the picture above) from today:
Buy 1 Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor, $8.99
Buy 1 Gillette Fusion Proglide Shave Gel, $3.49
Buy 1 Pampers Big Pack, $17.99
Total before taxes= $30.47 in P&G items to get my $10 coupon
Buy 4 Pepsi 12-packs, 4/$10 (FYI: these rang up as $3, then the extra $2 was taken off as soon as the 4th one scanned.)
Buy 1 Schick Hydro Razor, $8.99
Buy 1 Skintimate Moisturizing Shave Cream, $4.29
Buy 1 Mott’s Apple Juice $3.19
Buy 1 Ground Beef, $2.99
Buy 1 Ragu Sauce, free w/ ground beef purchase
Buy 1 Barilla Pasta, free w/ ground beef purchase
Used $.50/1 Dr. Pepper 12 pack Kmart Store Coupon, in their monthly ad 05/01-05/28 (took off $1 – like Walgreens, you only have to scan 1 and it will take it off for however many you buy. Odd because the coupon says limit 1 per transaction, I only scanned one coupon and it took off $1 not $.50, so it surprised me)
Used FREE Skintimate Shave Gel wyb a Schick Hydro Razor Kmart Store Coupon, in their monthly ad 05/01-05/28 (took off $4.29)
Used FREE Mott’s Juice wyb 25+ in items coupons, (took off $3.19)
Total after all Kmart store coupons scanned & after “free” meal deal items are rang up: $51.45, not including taxes
Scanned my CRT for “Get 10,000 points”
Used $4/1 Schick Hydro Silk Razor or Refill, exp. 5/2/12 (SS 03/25/12 R)
Used $1/1 Mt. Dew Coupon (doubled to $2 off)
Used $1/1 Diet Mt. Dew Coupon (doubled to $2 off)
Used $2/1 Pampers Coupon from P&G Home Mailer / P&G brand sampler
Used $5/1 Gillette Fusion Proglide Razor Coupon from P&G Home Mailer /P&G brand sampler
Used $2/1 Gillette Fusion Shave Gel Proglide Coupon from P&G Home Mailer / P&G brand sampler
Total: $34.45 + tax $2.59
Got: $5 Kmart Award Card
Got $10 P&G Catalina
Got 10,000 SYWR points immediately, right on my receipt (for Kmart newbies, this is $10 off any Kmart future purchase)
Final Price= $12.04
Important $1/1 Pepsi Coupons Note: My total would be $16.03 if they didn’t take my Mt. Dew & Diet Mt. Dew coupons, so if you decided to do this deal, I would leave those at home as even though the CIC hasn’t listed them on the Fraud Coupon List, they aren’t scanning so I am not sure they are legit. When mine didn’t scan, I told the cashier to skip them and he insisted he manually enter them in, and I noticed he manually entered them in as $1 each but the computer automatically doubled them. Anyways, I didn’t feel right using coupons that wouldn’t scan but he insisted to enter them and he did it too quick really to stop him.