Walmart Toyland Gift Book has been released! Look for it in-stores at Walmart, or view a copy online here! At 36 pages, it’s got a lot of toys, but it doesn’t look like many of the savings are that much better than at other retailers. Here are a couple of examples:
- The LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer is $99.99 at Toys R Us with a bonus bundle worth $65. Walmart is offering just the LeapPad Explorer for $99.99, no bonus bundle!
- Rock Star Mickey is $48.88, but $34.97 after coupon at Target.
- Cars 2 the Movie is $24.94 for the combo pack – no reward/freebie with purchase. As you saw in the Cars 2 deals list I posted yesterday, everyone else is offering it with a great reward. And Toys R Us you could get even the DVD for about the same price as the DVD at Walmart, BUT you’d get a $14.99 value wall clock too! And a $10 TRU gift card if you spend $40 on Disney movies.
- This is the same with most deals in this ad, similar prices at Toys R Us as Walmart, but you get tons of freebies/rewards/bonus’s at Toys R Us. Infact, they have 50 items where if you buy it, you get another item free. Nothing like that at Walmart!
- Not to mention, for every purchase over $100, you can use that coupon that was in this week’s Toys R Us ad to score a free $10 gift card! There were no coupons in Walmarts ad!
And here’s the top 12 hottest toys this year list! I compared prices of the Fijit: $39.97 at Walmart, $39.99 at Target, $44.99 at Toys R Us, FREE Fijit Friends accessory pack with purchase (7.99 value) . As you can see, not much difference on the price there and it’s one item I would hold off on for Black Friday. But many of the BOGO Free items at Toys R Us I would get now.
So, shop wisely as it looks like a lot of these toys are on for less elsewhere. Walmart does have their Christmas Price Guarantee – if you buy a toy and find a lower price, Walmart will give you a gift card for the difference.